10.31.2010

A Classic Skirt





Happy (real) Halloween! I celebrated it yesterday so it doesn't even feel like it today. I know I wore this skirt yesterday for my costume, but I actually was planning on wearing it today before yesterday. I realized I hadn't worn it yet, and I wanted to get good use out of it because it's such a classic piece of clothing. I think it's a really pretty and flowy skirt. I like it. The a-line makes it nice too. One thing that I like about this is that the front of the belt is brown, but it goes perfectly with the skirt. One girl at church today thought they were attached. From learning a lot of fashion and reading other style blogs, I've learned one thing: brown and black are ok together...in fact, they're great! Since they're both neutrals, they are perfectly fine to wear together, you just have to wear them in the right way.

Also...guess who made the headband?? Me! That's right, it's the same rose that I taught how to make earlier in THIS POST. I'm back to my flower making obsessions, so I think I'll post another tutorial on how to make another kind of flower soon. It's fun to experiment with different ways to make flowers. With these two I made them and then just glue gunned them to a white headband with a piece of fabric to make sure they stayed. I really really like how it turned out.

Cardigan: Thrifted

White Shirt: Down East Basics

Skirt: Thrifted

Belt: Pac Sun

Shoes: Payless

Necklace: Tai Pan Trading Co.

Purse: Pac Sun (I was too lazy to find a diff. one when this still matched)

Headband: Made by me

Oh  and one more thing..I got the purse I designed in the mail! In case you hadn't read earlier, I entered a contest on Define My Style and won, so they let me design a purse for free they sent it to me! Crazy enough, it matches my outfit perfectly today, but I didn't use it because I was in a rush. It's actually even cuter than I expected. I think my favorite part about it is the inside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...