10.30.2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 5: Exercise for Fun

Day 5:

Exercise for fun—choose a form of exercise that you enjoy, a form you wouldn’t normally choose because it calls attention to your body. How did your body feel during and after your exercise? Reflect on the blessing of being able to move.

WHY: Exercise is necessary for health, but we have turned it into a duty, obligation and punishment--something we do to “make up” for the food we eat. Women are bombarded with media messages that tell us we can’t run, swim, do yoga, or any number of things unless we have the “perfect” body. We must stop waiting to achieve perfection and live our lives to the fullest--taking risks, trying new things, and utilizing the unlimited potential of our bodies.

What kind of exercise do you think I chose? DANCE. Of course! What else? I know it said to choose something I normally don't do, but we were also supposed to exercise for fun and I honestly don't enjoy most forms of exercise. Dance is just my way of exercising. So I danced for like an hour and a half. About that amount of time. I can't completely remember because I was enjoying myself so much. And I really did appreciate my body so much while I was dancing. Every little body part is needed in dance and it all just looks so beautiful while you're doing it. I watched some youtube videos for dancing ideas and it just amazed me to see some of the things people could do or just how strange and beautiful their bodies looked while doing it. I love my body because it lets me dance. It is such a blessing to be able to move every single part of it and create something beautiful. That absolutely astounds me. :)


“When you look closely people are so strange and so complicated that they're actually beautiful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...