10.11.2010

A Blogger's Inspiration


This outfit inspiration came from the movie Julie and Julia! That movie was also part of the reason I started this blog. But anyways, Julie is wearing this outfit in the scene when she's walking to work at the beginning. I watched the movie the other day and saw the outfit and knew I had to wear it because I just loved it! Anyways, so that's my thoughts for the day.

Now for story time.. :) I also just have to say how amazingly grateful I am for this blog. It has saved my life this year. Rewind back to the end of ninth grade. I tried out for my school's dance team and didn't make it. Let's face it, I was crushed. Because dance was, is, and always will be a love of my life. I just wanted to dance and I didn't understand why Heavenly Father wouldn't let me do something I loved. But I wasn't ready to give up. I tried out the next two years and I never made it. Never making Dance Co. was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. Because I didn't understand why. I didn't understand what I was doing wrong and I didn't understand why I wasn't a better dancer. All I wanted was to dance. I never understood why and all my mom and other people could tell me was that in the end it would be better and I'd be grateful for it. But for a long time, it's still been a really hard thing for me.

But Senior year, something happened that has now changed my life. I took a fashion merchandising class from Julie Webb-Townsend, the most AMAZING teacher ever. Fashion merchandising was 4th period, the same period as Dance Company. The only reason I was taking it was for college credit. I wasn't really excited for it and I had no idea what it would entail. Little had I known how much I would loved it. I loved learning all about fashion and doing all the creative projects. Second semester I dropped one of my favorite classes so I could take Advanced Fashion Merchandising. It was so great. I came to college last year wishing I could major something in fashion but it kinda went to the back of my mind because I had a great year and didn't necessarily need it in my life.

Then this year came.. Things happened that I never would have expected and honestly, I have never been so alone and so miserable than some of the days I've had in the past month and a half. But this blog has been my solace. Every single day I look forward to coming up with a new outfit and to blogging here. It totally makes my day all the time. And I was just thinking today at work about how much I really love fashion and how much it makes my life. I haven't even been dancing every day lately and I don't really care because I have fashion. It just makes me so happy! I dress cute every day and I think I get at least one compliment every day on my outfit. It gives me confidence. :) And blogging about it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Anyways, now I think I can finally say that I'm happy I never made Dance Company all those years. Because I ended up taking a fashion class instead, and that has made all the difference. :)

Sorry that was so long. But I just needed to write that for me mostly. :)

Button-Down Shirt: New York and Company (thrifted)

Skirt: Target

Cardigan: Forever 21

Belt: Amazon.com

Shoes: Walmart

5 comments:

  1. This is probably my favorite outfit so far! You look super cute in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself with the rest of us. The Lord truly blesses, and often in ways we may not know until later. You are very blessed. Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are soooo cute! I look forward to looking at your blog everyday. It makes me feel closer to you and I know it makes you happy but it makes me happy too! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I loved this one alot Kailee! YOU are so amazing! I love looking at your blog! (:

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...