10.28.2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 3: 10 Positive Things

Day 3:
Make a list of 10 positive things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with your appearance--and 10 positive things you like about your appearance. Was it easier to come up with things you like about yourself, or things about your appearance?

WHY: Your perception of yourself includes the physical. We won't pretend it's not important--physical factors are a part of the mortal world we live in. We've challenged you to make two lists because both your inner and outer beauty affect you--and there will be times you fee insecure about both.
Refer back to your lists and remember the positive.

10 things I like about myself:
  1. When I love things, I love them with my whole heart--like Carrie Underwood, dance, or purple. I guess this is true with people too..
  2. I love fashion
  3. I love to serve people and it makes me SO happy when I can help someone
  4. I'm a big reader, which also makes me literate and cultured
  5. I'm half hispanic and I can speak Spanish
  6. I've been a dancer almost my whole life, I still am, and always will be, even if just at heart :)
  7. I'm loyal and trustworthy. I try hard to be as good of a friend as I can be.
  8. I'm a peacemaker and I'm easy going. I always find myself in the middle of things and I tend to not be the one that starts drama because I hate it.
  9. I don't give up. My whole life I wanted to come to BYU and I did it. I tried out for things multiple times and never made it, but I never stopped trying. And right now, I'm still here....my life it's nuts right now but I'm trying to stick things through.
  10. I'm creative. This proves true in many things I do--at work in the Bookstore, in writing, designing, making things like crafts and cards, etc.
10 things I like about my appearance:
  1. My shiny, black hair. People always ask me if this is my natural hair color and when I say yes, they always comment on how pretty it is. I love my hair and I always have. It's probably my favorite part of my appearance and I just really love it. :)
  2. My brown eyes. I like my eyes because they are big and also because everyone else in my family has brown eyes. So my eyes are like a connection to my family in a way. Oh and my little sister Gracie and I look a lot alike, so when I look at my eyes or face, I often think of her.
  3. My ears. Because there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them. They're just there and I think I have perfect ears haha
  4. That I'm short. It can be difficult to be 5'2" at times, but for the most part it's pretty great. It's easier to find modest dresses, I don't have to worry about boys shorter than me, and it makes me still feel like a little kid, which I love.
  5. My feet and legs because they help me dance.
  6. My bitten fingernails. I have a terrible habit that I've had since forever of biting my nails and it doesn't look super pretty but it's also a part of who I am so I like them.
  7. My size 7 feet. It's the perfect in-between average shoe size. Yep.
  8. My teeth. I'm so grateful I never had to get braces because my teeth were always straight enough.
  9. The way I look when I smile. Does this sound weird? I guess I'm just saying that I think I look pretty when I smile and that I look so very happy. I think I have a good smile. As does everyone else, I'm sure. Smiles are contagious.
  10. My skin. I don't use moisturizer or face wash and I rarely get zits (probably like 5 in my life). And I think I have a nice skin tone..it tans easily too, but it doesn't have to be tan to look good.
Wow that was HARD. Goodness gracious, it took me a while to write. The first list took longer, which is interesting, because I thought it'd be the other way around. This was good to do though, because like it said, I can refer back to these lists whenever I feel down (like today..?). Anyways...

I. AM. BEAUTIFUL.


"Pretty is something you're born with. But beautiful, that's an equal opportunity objective."

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! I think I will start doing this in my journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Kiki! LOVE it.

    I have been reading them all...and I got to your 5 zits in your life part.....yikes!!!! If I ever got down to just 5 zits at one time, I would be happy. WOW! I am glad for you (and a little jealous). I love you. And....I do get to see you for a couple of days at Christmas!!! Switched the kids' tickets today! :) YAHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved loved reading this little series of yours! I especially LOVE the quote on the end. Whose words...yours?
    I am going to post it on my FB right now because I LOVE IT!! and it is sooo true!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...