Make a list of 10 positive things you like about yourself that have nothing to do with your appearance--and 10 positive things you like about your appearance. Was it easier to come up with things you like about yourself, or things about your appearance?
WHY: Your perception of yourself includes the physical. We won't pretend it's not important--physical factors are a part of the mortal world we live in. We've challenged you to make two lists because both your inner and outer beauty affect you--and there will be times you fee insecure about both.
Refer back to your lists and remember the positive.
10 things I like about myself:
- When I love things, I love them with my whole heart--like Carrie Underwood, dance, or purple. I guess this is true with people too..
- I love fashion
- I love to serve people and it makes me SO happy when I can help someone
- I'm a big reader, which also makes me literate and cultured
- I'm half hispanic and I can speak Spanish
- I've been a dancer almost my whole life, I still am, and always will be, even if just at heart :)
- I'm loyal and trustworthy. I try hard to be as good of a friend as I can be.
- I'm a peacemaker and I'm easy going. I always find myself in the middle of things and I tend to not be the one that starts drama because I hate it.
- I don't give up. My whole life I wanted to come to BYU and I did it. I tried out for things multiple times and never made it, but I never stopped trying. And right now, I'm still here....my life it's nuts right now but I'm trying to stick things through.
- I'm creative. This proves true in many things I do--at work in the Bookstore, in writing, designing, making things like crafts and cards, etc.
10 things I like about my appearance:
- My shiny, black hair. People always ask me if this is my natural hair color and when I say yes, they always comment on how pretty it is. I love my hair and I always have. It's probably my favorite part of my appearance and I just really love it. :)
- My brown eyes. I like my eyes because they are big and also because everyone else in my family has brown eyes. So my eyes are like a connection to my family in a way. Oh and my little sister Gracie and I look a lot alike, so when I look at my eyes or face, I often think of her.
- My ears. Because there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them. They're just there and I think I have perfect ears haha
- That I'm short. It can be difficult to be 5'2" at times, but for the most part it's pretty great. It's easier to find modest dresses, I don't have to worry about boys shorter than me, and it makes me still feel like a little kid, which I love.
- My feet and legs because they help me dance.
- My bitten fingernails. I have a terrible habit that I've had since forever of biting my nails and it doesn't look super pretty but it's also a part of who I am so I like them.
- My size 7 feet. It's the perfect in-between average shoe size. Yep.
- My teeth. I'm so grateful I never had to get braces because my teeth were always straight enough.
- The way I look when I smile. Does this sound weird? I guess I'm just saying that I think I look pretty when I smile and that I look so very happy. I think I have a good smile. As does everyone else, I'm sure. Smiles are contagious.
- My skin. I don't use moisturizer or face wash and I rarely get zits (probably like 5 in my life). And I think I have a nice skin tone..it tans easily too, but it doesn't have to be tan to look good.
Wow that was HARD. Goodness gracious, it took me a while to write. The first list took longer, which is interesting, because I thought it'd be the other way around. This was good to do though, because like it said, I can refer back to these lists whenever I feel down (like today..?). Anyways...
I. AM. BEAUTIFUL.
"Pretty is something you're born with. But beautiful, that's an equal opportunity objective."