10.29.2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 4: Get Ready on the Inside

Day 4:

How much time do you spend getting ready each day? Today, use the same amount of time to get ready on the inside. Meditate, write in your journal, or perform an act of service. Did you notice a difference in how you felt throughout the day? Explore why or why not.

WHY: Women spend thousands of hours on their appearances over a lifetime. Think about what you could accomplish if you spent the same amount of time each day preparing your inner self. How would you be different? How would each day be different?

I spend a long time in the morning getting ready, let's face it:

   Shower=15 min
   Hair=20-30 min
   Makeup=10-15 min
   Picking out clothes/Getting dressed=15 min

So on an average I probably spend about an hour getting ready. Which therefore meant an hour getting ready on the inside ha.

I wrote in my journal for a little, read my scriptures, and then just listened to some Taylor Swift music. It felt nice to just relax and do things that mattered. Obviously my scriptures are very important. I try to read them every morning, although it is hard because I sometimes forget. And my journal is like my best friend so it's super therapeutic whenever I write in it. I just pour out my heart and it feels so amazing. I don't know what people do without writing in their journals every day or without owning a journal. I don't know how I used to do it. I keep my journal with me at all times because I don't want anyone to read it, and because I want to make sure I can always write in it. And listening to Taylor Swift music and just thinking about it was nice. Taylor Swift music is extremely peaceful and it always soothes me. :)

I think this all helped me because I have been sooooo stressed lately so it was just nice to do this as a break and relieve all my stress. It made me realize that it's important to get ready on the inside as much as it is on the outside too.

I AM BEAUTIFUL...on the inside and outside.


“If you dwell on the things you’re not, you’ll miss out on the things you really are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...