10.31.2010

Boo! I'm Gonna Scare YOU!


Happy Halloween everyone!! Ok, so yeah, technically Halloween is tomorrow, but I live it Utah, I'm Mormon, and I go to BYU. Haha therefore, whenever Halloween (or any holiday) falls on a Sunday, we celebrate it on a Saturday! So tonight was the night when all the little kids were out trick or treating and having a blast.

For me, Halloween has always been a great holiday. Candy? Costumes? Staying out late with friends? All of these are on a child's checklist for fun. And because my birthday is in October, I had Halloween parties a lot for my birthday. My next door neighbor and childhood best friend had her birthday the day after mine, so we always had Halloween parties together to celebrate our birthdays. It was so much fun! We also tried to coordinate costumes a lot. One year we were witches, along with 3 of our other friends, another year we were Harry Potter characters. And yes, our birthday party went along with these ideas. Probably my top Halloween costumes are a 50s girl and a ballerina. I think I've been a 50s girl like 5 times now and a ballerina like 3. I guess you could look at that and say that those are two things I've always wanted to be my whole life. Here are some pictures, one from when I was 3 years old as a ballerina, when I was 12 as a 50s girl,  then last year as a 50s girl at my family Halloween party and as a 'gangsta' with my roommates.


This year, I had absolutely NO idea what I was going to be for Halloween. I didn't have a car to go buy stuff or anyone to take me, my roommates were all doing their own thing, and everything I looked up was too scandalous or just really weird. I wanted a cute costume that I could make with the things I had! It came down to the fact that I was going to work and I still had no idea what I was going to be. I was maybe planning on going trick or treating with one of my roommates so I had to find something. Then, thankfully, one of my friends texted me and asked if I wanted to go to a Murder Mystery Dinner! I was happy to go and the theme was 50s...of course. :) Having much experience in that field, I got a black skirt, a yellow button down shirt, a pink cardigan, and Keds to complete the look. Here's what I came up with...all in about a half an hour:



Pretty good, huh? I put a yellow ribbon in my hair and just used the purse I had been earlier because it matched and I didn't have time to find another one. I think I did a pretty good job though. So yes, I have now been a 50s girl for probably about half my Halloweens and I'm proud of it! For next year though, I'm already thinking of ideas so I can have the best costume ever. I'm not going to procrastinate again!! ;)

Cardigan: Thrifted

Yellow Blouse: New York and Company (thrifted)

Skirt: Thrifted

Belt: Amazon.com

Shoes: Keds

Purse: Pac Sun


Here are other pictures of favorite costumes worn by my some of my other friends this year: 





Happy Halloween everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...