10.20.2010

Counting my Blessings

Ok, so one of my friends wrote on her blog about how she counted 10 of her blessings the other day when she was going through a really rough time. And she said it almost felt impossible to do. But I decided I need a post like that. So here are 10 wonderful blessings that I have in my life right now. :)

  1. My family. They are the best. They are such a blessing to me and I'm so grateful they're only an hour away or that I can just text or call my mom at any time of the day and she'll be there to talk to me. I wish I were with them all the time and I miss them SO much but I'm grateful for their love and support.
  2. Music. It's amazing how much healing music can do. I feel like I'm listening to it all the time, just because it makes me feel better and more at peace. Some songs I have been playing over and over the past few days are: "Play On" by Carrie Underwood, "I Look to You," from Glee, "Keep Holding On," originally by Avril Lavigne (but I like the Glee version), "Anyway," by Martina McBride, "So Small," by Carrie Underwood, and "Jesus Take the Wheel," by Carrie Underwood (don't be surprised that half of these are by Carrie Underwood haha). Also, I haven't been able to do this a ton, but playing the piano helps so much too. I will always love playing the piano. It's so wonderful.
  3. My job. Working at the bookstore seems to be the only stable thing in my life right now. Obviously I have to go to work every day and it's kind of nice to go and not really have to worry about life. Instead I can focus on projects to do and it's just a nice escape.
  4. Dance. What a blessing this is. I doubt my parents knew how much I would love dancing when they enrolled me in my first class 15 years ago. Dancing gives me the most happiness right now. Monday I danced on my own for an hour and it was magical. Yesterday I had jazz class and hip-hop club which were both so much fun and made me so happy. I don't know what it is about dancing, but I love it. It will always be a big part of my life. I love this quote: "I will always be a dancer at heart, even if you don't see me dancing on the stage."
  5. Fashion. Dressing cute every day makes me happy and it gives me structure (something that is much needed in my life right now). It makes me feel better that even though I'm feeling like crap, I'm dressed cute. I would probably feel worse if I just walked around in sweats all the time. So I'm really grateful for fashion and my style blog. It's just something nice to look forward to.
  6. Great friends. Hollie, Christine, and Chelsey have been absolutely wonderful in letting me hang out at their apartments all the time, since I don't like to be at my own a ton. They've really been there for me this year and I have no idea what I'd do without them. Seriously, I have the absolute best friends in the world. And also not just them but I have so many other friends who have been there for me by texting me or sending me comforting messages or even commenting on my blogs. That means so much to me because it just gives me hope and comfort. So thanks to all my great friends out there. I'm so blessed. I really don't deserve so many wonderful friends.

  7. My laptop. I'm so so so grateful my dad was able to give me a replacement laptop for my last one. I don't know what I'd do without this thing. I take it everywhere with me now, since I'm never at my apartment anymore. This laptop just has my whole life on it, it seems like. My pictures, music, documents, and everything else are all on here and it's nice to have it with me all the time. This may sound weird, but my laptop is kind of like my one true, constant friend right now.
  8. My favorite buildings on campus. I love being in the Richards Building (where the dance classes are), the JFSB (the building for Humanities classes--it has really pretty views from the top floors and it's quiet and peaceful), and my special floor (with the studio and a random hallway where no one comes, so this is where I come when I want to be alone, because I can cry and no one will hear or I don't have to worry about crowds or seeing people I don't feel like seeing, etc.). These places all just feel like home to me and I could stay in them forever. I'm glad I have comforting places to go here on campus.
  9. My boots. These are the best shoes ever. I've already worn them so much but I don't even care. They just make me feel happy and like I'm still a little girl or something. Boots are good. :)
  10. Being a member of the LDS church. Ok, I have to admit that I almost forgot this one, the most important one!! But honestly, I don't know what I'd do without prayer and scripture reading and just the support, love, peace, and comfort that comes from being in this church. It helps to know that I have a Heavenly Father who is up there watching over me and who knows me and loves me so much. The most comforting thing that is helping me get through this is the fact that I know it will all be for my benefit and that it will all work out it in the end. :)

Wow, ok that was so hard. It took me like an hour to think of all those things to write. That's kind of sad. But I'm glad I did that; it made me feel a little better about life. Thanks to all my wonderful friends and family out there who have really been there for me. I love you guys. :)

2 comments:

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...