11.03.2010

Recapturing Beauty Day 8: Self Talk

Day 8:


Pay attention to your thoughts today. Ask yourself, How do my thoughts make me feel? Is what I’m thinking really true? Practice challenging your negative thoughts and replacing them with more truthful ones. What was your experience?

WHY: Our thoughts determine how we feel and act. If we talked to others the way we talk to ourselves, we would be ashamed.The beauty of being human is that we can control our thoughts. Start by recognizing your thoughts, challenging them, and replacing them.

I like how the "why" thing aboves says that "if we talked to others the way we talk to ourselves, we would be ashamed." Wow, that is so true. I'd never talk to anyone else the way I talk to myself, which is really sad! Shouldn't I be nicest to myself? After all, I'm all I have and I have it for the rest of eternity, so maybe I should start being nice haha. It was hard to change my negative thoughts, though I did try to think about it as much as I could. Whenever I noticed I had a negative thought, I really wondered if it was true and why I was thinking it. Even harder was to replace that with a positive thought but I did attempt to do it. It's interesting to realize how many negative thoughts I actually have in a day, and I really want to work hard on controlling this more in the future, though I know this will be a long process. But hey, isn't that kind of what makes it worth it? :)

I Am Beautiful :)


“If you hear a voice within you saying, you are not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.”
-Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...