11.05.2010

Back In Business








Finally, I'm all updated on this week! I feel bad for not posting since Monday but this week has been one of the most stressful weeks of this semester by far. I had two big tests to take, a short story to write, and a research paper proposal due.

Speaking of which, wanna hear what my research paper proposal is on? It was for my Jane Austen/Henry James class and we had to pick a topic that had to do with Henry James or Jane Austen (obviously) but our professors told us to pick something that we would like and not get bored with after a month. This was kind of hard for me to pick because lately I haven't been motivated by my English classes after deciding to switch my major to Family and Consumer Science Education. So I tried to think of things I like and what did I think of?! Fashion!! Of course. So my paper is going to be on the emphasis of clothing and fashion in Jane Austen's novels and how it helps in the analysis of the characters. I'm going to look at the fashion in Jane Austen's time period and also look at how the clothing was interpreted film adaptations of the novel. I'm really excited and I'm glad I found a topic that I'll like! Maybe I'll keep you updated on here how it goes. :)

This outfit was so fun to wear. I just loved the jacket and the skirt together because it put casual and dressy together. I feel like it's been such a long time since I've worn a skirt, even though it was just on Sunday. I just wear skirts so much so it felt good to wear one today! :)

Jacket: Thrifted

Shirt: Pac Sun

Skirt: Made by my sister Carina

Shoes: Keds

Belt: Thrifted

1 comment:

  1. I was just going to comment that I loved that skirt and then I saw that Carina made it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...