12.24.2010

Nostalgic No More

So I was looking through some pictures of my college life last year, and I realized I don't miss it at all. I believe this is pretty huge. Because a while ago, I'd go through those pictures wishing I could just go back to it or have it again. But I think that was because life stunk this past semester. Last year was fine, but it wasn't amazing. And now, I wouldn't go back to it. I'm glad it happened, but I'm also glad it's done.

I just want to move on with life. I don't want to go back. I want to be happy again. I'm happy right now. With family and friends that love me, it's wonderful. And I've been able to sub at the day care that I worked at over the summer and pretty much it's been the best thing ever.

I'm just glad that I can see that I just want to move forward in life instead of moving back. After all, moving forward is a more possible option anyways, right? ;) Yes, this past semester was HARD. Difficult. Almost unbearable. But somehow I survived. As I was coming home for Christmas break, I realized I'd made it through the whole semester. I survived utter loneliness, I survived living with a roommate who hated/hates me and wanted to make my life miserable, and I survived pretty much the worst period of my life that has happened so far. And as I was thinking about that, I was so proud. Because I did it. Life did go on and Christmas break did come, though at times it felt so far away. I'm so proud of myself for making it through. It might not sound like much to you, but to me, it's like one of the biggest accomplishments of my life.

So now, I hope to just move forward in life. I want and hope for life to be better and to finally start going uphill once I go back to school for winter semester. I think it will. I hope Heavenly Father doesn't push me anymore than he has, at least for a little while. I just need a break. I'm just going to trust and really really hope that things will be ok. They will be. I know it. :)

Sorry to post on such a sentimental topic during the Christmas season. This honestly has nothing to do with Christmas, but it was on my mind, and this is my blog so I can post what I want. Ha! And chances are I probably won't blog again until after Christmas so Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays) to all you readers and bloggers out there! I hope your holiday season is happy and wonderful and loving!!

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

4 comments:

  1. Kailee! I am SOOO happy to hear you survived this semester and you are so happy now :)) Have an absolutely amazing break--you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, girl. Seriously, you inspire me. You've gone through a heckuvalot of stuff this semester, and you kicked butt! You rock my world. You deserve to celebrate what you've accomplished. Merry Christmas/Happy New Year, and I can't wait to see you! Enjoy your time with the fam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and new years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anyone seriously hate you!? Wrong. Glad you are happy looking forward now!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...