12.21.2010

I'm Home and HAPPY

Wow, I think I'm the happiest I've been since summer. This break is already soooo amazing!!! All my extended family on my mom's side will be here and some of them already are here, so we've just been having a blast. Sorry it's been so long, but I'll give a rundown on my wonderful Christmas break.

I got home Thursday night and my aunt Cat and cousins Ellie and Brianna were already there! I was so happy to be home. I seriously was coming off the exit and just started screaming and then bawling because I was so happy (emotional much? haha). And then when I got home I just screamed and cried more of course. ;) Needless to say, I was SO happy to be home. We already started having lots of fun together that night.






Friday morning I hung out with my best friends since 9th grade (and we'll be best friends forever don't even worry), Courtney and Laura! I love them! My dad had passes to go see a free showing of the new movie Tron Legacy but since I was the only one in my family that could go I invited my friends to go with me. So we drove to the gateway saw the movie, which was great, and then went to In 'N Out and just talked and hung out until around 4 (oh the movie was at like 9 am ha). It felt so great to finally have some best friends. Seriously, I've been so lonely. It was great to be with them.



Then that night I had the great opportunity to go to the Motab concert featuring David Archuleta! I got to go with my mom, my aunt Cat, and my aunt Zildy and we went to this Mexican grill called Barbacoa before, which was delicious. And the concert? Basically it was amazing. Everything was decorated beautifully. The choir sang beautifully. David sang beautifully. Heck, David IS beautiful. ;)



Then, we found out that David would be signing stuff at Deseret Book after the concert so we rushed over to find this:


A long line that was about two blocks long and growing. :( So what did we do? We went inside Deseret Book and just waited in the aisles pretending to read books until he showed up (like 50 other obsessed girls) and then started taking pictures like paparazzi! Most of my pictures were blurry but I got 2 that were ok. AHH..I saw David Archuleta like 10 feet away! Not as good as meeting him, but it's like the next best thing.



Then after that, we walked back to the car through Temple Square..



And Cat decided she wanted to go the melting pot and treated us (so nice of her!!). On our way there we saw a bunch of crazy Santas who I guess go from bar to bar from open to close on a certain night. I forget what they called it. It was pretty funny though. I even got a picture with Buddy the Elf!



The Melting Pot was pretty much delicious and I've never been there but have been wanting to go so it was great! We got home a little late but it was an end to like the best day ever. Seriously, I haven't had a great day like that in forever. So hooray! :)

Saturday we went to another free movie premiere for Gulliver's Travels, which was actually pretty funny. I don't always like Jack Black either but this was a pretty good movie for all ages. As we were leaving the gateway though, our van's battery died and we didn't have jumper cables, so we had to call AAA to come help us (thank goodness Cat was a member!!). We were there for a while so me, Gracie, and Ellie got a little bored sitting in the car. We ended up singing a bunch of songs and playing silly games. Working at a day care over the summer paid off obviously because they were entertained the whole time! They're such cuties. :)



Then we went to Costco to get food for Sunday dinner and we ended up taking like 2 hours there because when you have like 6 kids, a huge store, a big shopping list, lots of samples, and a hungry group of people, it's hard not to take that long. ;)



After that we went to my aunt Zildy's house to just chill. The 3 little girls put together a dance and performed it for us.


Finally we went home that night and went to sleep.

Sunday we went to church and the choir performed the Christmas program in sacrament meeting. My mom and dad sang a song called "Joseph and Mary" with another couple and Carina and Sidney played the violin and flute to accompany the choir for "Away in a Manger." All the songs were so pretty! Then we got home from church later and somehow I started out laying down with a snuggie on top of me and ended up sleeping for like two and a half hours! My grandparents, and Zildy and Jonas's family came that night for dinner and we had a lot of fun together. I made brownies and brownie bites and for the main course we had Navajo tacos. Yum :)

Monday was a chill day and I slept in and got ready late (finally). I took my siblings and my cousin Brianna to go present shopping. I bought all my presents forever ago because I love to shop, but they still had some to do. Luckily, I stepped into JoAnn Fabrics and found out their store is closing! So I got some cute patterns for 25 cents each! And then we went to Chili's for dinner that night which was sooooo good.

Today was pretty much amazing because I got to sub at the day care again! My mom still works as a secretary there so I told her to let people know if they needed any subs to call me. So I get to work this week and next week. I'm excited because I get to make money but even more so because I just love it there. Today was so much fun. I'm glad I can keep going back to the best job EVER. :)

Sorry that was such a super long post, but I needed to document my great weekend somehow! Hopefully I'll blog a lot these next few days so that I don't have to do a long post like that again. Anyways, happy holidays! Christmas is in 3 DAYS!

1 comment:

  1. Dang! Your pictures make me miss y'all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. It is hard to have the whole family there, but me.

    Have fun for me! Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...