9.04.2010

Life Happens

This week has been pretty great. As far as school and work, I am so happy. But I guess with other things life doesn't always turn out that wonderful. Sometimes it's awful. It's been a good first week in some ways, but in others, it's been awful. :( But I don't always have control over certain situations and all I can do is do my best, work my hardest, and then hope that everything will work out.

A friend shared this quote with me today by Gordon B. Hinckley. It's so comforting:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

All I can really do is hope for the best and trust in God. Because even if others aren't there for me, I know he will always be. Always. And that's something that makes me so happy and helps me through days that otherwise I'm not sure I'd be able to get through.


Here are some really great songs that I listen to get me through the day:











And here are some awesome quotes that always make me feel better:

"You know something; it’s not easy to break out of your comfort zone. People will tear you down; tell you you shouldn’t have bothered in the first place. But let me tell you something: there’s not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They’re both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they’re cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will." –Sue Sylvester in “Glee”

"If you strive to build in the best experiences with the best decisions, then you don’t need to worry about finding success in life—it will find you." –Lori Drake

"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel." --Gordon B. Hinckley

"Anyone can give up; it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"You only find a few people in this world, a few people who will tell you they love you and mean it with all their heart. Don't forget those people who stood by you through it all, the special few that were there for you till the end."


"People make mistakes. The good ones make it ‘right.' That’s all we can expect from broken-down souls on two legs."


"It doesn't matter if the song of life that you sing is simple or complicated. All that matters is how much you put into that song. Your life is controlled only by what you give to it. You won't get anything from it if you don't put feeling into life. That's why people fall in love. If they give that feeling, they get it back. Put all you've got into this life, and when the day comes for you to pass on, you won't regret what you did."

"I believe in pink. I believe laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing; kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." –Audrey Hepburn

"As we grow up we learn that even the one person who was never supposed to let us down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it’s harder every time. You’ll fight with your best friend and you’ll blame a new love for things an old one did. You’ll cry because time is passing to fast and eventually you’ll lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you’ve never been hurt."
"Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like an hourglass. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom. All you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around."
"Gratitude, appreciation, giving thanks. No matter what words you use, they all mean the same thing. Happy. We're supposed to be happy. Grateful for friends, family. Happy just to be alive. Whether we like it or not. Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate."

Sorry for the zillion quotes. But I love them all, and each one in some way or another goes with this post or my life right now, so I felt the need to share them. Anyways, that is my long and inspirational post for the day. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! So many wonderful quotes and songs! You are so amazing even when things are hard you are so strong. Thanks for being such a good example to me! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post, too! I am sorry that life has thrown you some challenges. I love how you are looking forward with faith. You are so amazing to me. I love you tons and tons and tons. I hope you know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this made me cry.. and I may steal a quote or two because I so needed to hear them! Thanks Kailee :)

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...