3.09.2011

A Dress Gone Wrong...Or Right?

I sincerely hope you guys are not sick of me wearing all these dresses that I keep refashioning. There's a poll at the bottom that I'd love if you guys would just vote so I can get some feedback on this. I've been really obsessed with getting old dresses from thrift stores and then refashioning them into something cute. But if it's really bugging you that I'm obsessed with this, then I want to know! And I also want to know if you like it! :) It definitely won't be like this every day..I think I might just be going through a phase haha.

So here's the story of today's dress...it looked like this before (I remembered to take a before picture this time!):
I had good intentions and completely meant to wear this dress as a dress. But sometimes life just doesn't turn out the way we want it to, now does it? ;) I fixed this one with my super speedy sewing skills in about half an hour. All I did was take in like 2 1/2 inches on the side and then I hemmed up a ton. But the hemming part obviously didn't work out as planned. I guess I was rushing a lot or something because after it was all hemmed, I put it on and it was WAY too short to be a dress. At least a modest one ha. But I had no time! So I put some pants on and changed it to a shirt instead. And it worked! I still got lots of compliments on it just like the other dresses and I think it looked cute. What do you think? Do you like it as a shirt or do you wish I hadn't messed up on the hemming and it was still a dress? I can't decide..

I think thrift stores are becoming my new Forever 21. I bought four more dresses today to refashion. Ah! I love it. I might have a little problem... ;)

Do you like the posts about the re-fashioned dresses?
Yes, I love it! Give me more!
They're good, but I want more regular outfit posts
Stick with doing regular outfits, the dresses are boring
I don't care, it's YOUR blog!

  
pollcode.com free polls

An Outfit a Day...
Cardigan?
Secondhand
Shirt/Dress? Thrifted and refashioned
Necklace? Forever 21
Belt? Thrifted
Jeans? Ross
Boots? Ross (gifted)

Keeps the Fashion Police Away...
Comfort?
 8
Original? 9
Did I like it? 9
Overall? 8.5

5 comments:

  1. I really like how you created this dress into a MUCH better looking dress. CUTE!
    If you haven't checked out my clothes blog. You should. :)
    Let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're turning into newdressaday.com!! how fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! I love the big white fence too, these are such pretty photos :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your dresses! :-) The black and white one from the last post is my favourite of them so far, and this one, though you didn't intend it to be a tunic, works very well as one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't looked at the rest of your dresses yet, but I LOVE what you did with this one! And isn't it so true that thrift stores totally ruin you for over stores, haha!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...