3.21.2011

Alone and Artsy

I took these pictures in the HFAC (Harris Fine Arts Center) which is the building at BYU where all the art is displayed, where the theaters are, and where the music practice rooms are. I went to play the piano but I guess one of the theaters was being used so all the practice rooms were closed (cuz you can hear them from the theater) and I had to wait until they were open. It was actually really nice. I just walked around and looked at all the student art, which was totally amazing. There was one exhibit about To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my favorite books, that I loved. Since it's Sunday, hardly anyone comes on campus so there was only like three other people (that I saw) in the whole building. I really loved it. I liked being able to hear my heels click on the ground and echo throughout the place. I felt so classy. Normally there's no way I'd be able to take pictures here, but it was the perfect place for a Sunday.

I decided and realized something about myself today. I like to be alone. Definitely not all the time, and not in the sense of a relationship. Just that I need time during the day when I'm just with me and I can just think and do what I want without having to worry about anyone or impressing anyone. I'm definitely a social person and I love being outgoing and hanging out with people, but I can only do so much. I think the times when I don't need to be alone is when I'm with someone else that I can share my innermost thoughts with, the ones that I usually just think in my head. But if there's no one like that to share stuff with (there isn't right now..) then I'd rather just be alone sometimes. Even when I was a kid I remember I didn't mind just sitting alone in my room reading a book or doing something on my own. It felt peaceful. Don't get me wrong though, being alone all the time gets so depressing and so lonely. Trust me, I was alone 24/7 last semester and hated it. There has to be a happy medium. What about you? Do you like being alone or doing you like always being around people?

An Outfit A Day...
Button-Up? TJ Maxx
Dress? Kohls
Necklace? Mall Kiosk
Shoes? Payless
Bag? Target--I think I've been using this bag every day for the past week or even longer, but I really love it and I think it just enhances any outfit. Notice that it even looks great with the black in this outfit. I should have more variety but I'm just a little attached right now...*sigh*

Keeps the Fashion Police Away...
Comfort? 8
Original? 8
Did I like it? 9
Overall? 8.5

2 comments:

  1. I definitely need my alone time as well, and even when I'm feeling social, I'd prefer to be with a few people I'm really close to rather than a room full of casual acquaintances. I know some people really thrive on the energy of crowds, but I'm not one of them.

    Love this button-up/dress combination. Feels preppy, chic, and carefree all at once! And I think the bag is a perfect complement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always like being alone sometimes. In fact, I go a little crazy if I don't get a few breaks from being around people during the day!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...