4.27.2011

It Has to Stop

Cyber bullying is getting way too out of hand and its making me so sad and angry. It's not a joke. Two eighth grade girls made a suicide pact and killed themselves together (read and watch here). Demi Lovato developed an eating disorder and cut herself because kids would bully her and call her fat (video here). Rebecca Black (as ridiculously cheesy as her video may be) has been way cyber bullied and people have given her death threats and telling her that they hope she dies.

Whoever you people are, I am so ashamed in you and ashamed to call you a human being.

We are better than this. I don't care what you have been through or what you are going through. It doesn't matter. Bullying is NOT okay. It's not okay to make fun of other people to make yourself feel better. It's definitely not okay to tell people you want them dead. If you really feel that way, then keep it inside of you or go talk to a counselor. I'm serious. Eighth grade girls. Demi started cutting herself at age 11. Rebecca Black is 13. These are kids we are talking about. I don't know what else to say, except that it needs to stop now. When you see people being mean or bullying someone else, speak up. Take a stand. You might be saving someone's life. It seriously makes me cry to think about this. I'm going to work so hard to make sure I always am being nice and making others feel included and also to speak up when someone is bullying, in person or online. You can make fun of Rebecca Black's video all you want, I don't care. I'll still make fun of it. But don't make fun of her and tell her mean things. She's just a little girl, and deserves to be treated kindly no matter what video she makes.

Sometimes, this world makes me so sick. We cannot keep letting things like this go on. But we can make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...