4.23.2011

Ever Wonder?

My super cute new coral bag I got at TJ Maxx :D
Yay! Don't you just love my bag? So do I! I got it a few days ago while shopping with my friends at TJ Maxx. I saw the bag and it pretty much spoke to me and I just had to get it. There wasn't an option to not get it! It was big enough to carry all of my stuff in (I carry around everything--seriously, I'll show in a post one of these days--because I like to be prepared and mostly because I'm paranoid) and also I've been wanting another great bag because I always use my brown one, and while that one is really cute and matches pretty much everything, I need some variety! I like that this a cute color. Ahhh it makes me soooo happy! :D

I was thinking about stuff today..and don't you guys ever sometimes wonder how some people become huge bloggers and others don't? I'm sure some of you (I know I do) think...well, what do do people like Sydney, Ashley, Elaine, Kendi, Kristine, Jessica, or other popular bloggers have that I don't? My outfits are just as cute as theirs, I take cute pictures, and I have a nice blog layout. Other people wear even cuter outfits or have more expensive clothing and they're not nearly as popular. What makes them so special? Because c'mon people, let's be honest here. We all get jealous sometimes and I'm pretty sure we all wonder this. But I think I have an answer.

In your head, think of someone who you look up to a lot--like a peer, not your mom. Just think of someone who you would love to be like. And then think about why you want to be like them...is it because they're talented? Or they're super nice? Or hilarious? Or they just have a great personality? I can bet you anything that looks, like their face, hair, or clothing, was probably not the first thing that popped into your head about this person.

There are certain people in this world that when you notice them or first meet them, the first thing you notice is not their looks. And that's one of the coolest things in the world. It's like their personality radiates more than their appearance. Think about that person again, and think about if their personality shows way more than their appearance does. Because they could dress nice and be really pretty or always look cute, but it doesn't define them. They could be dressed in sweats and people wouldn't care a bit or maybe not even notice.

I think that's the case with the big bloggers. They're all so real. I know that I don't read any of those blogs solely because of their fashion. Any one of those bloggers could decide to wear sweats for the rest of her life and I'd still probably follow and religiously read her blog. Why? Because the clothes aren't what's most important in their lives and they aren't afraid to talk about real stuff and be funny with us and tell us silly things about their lives. And it's funny, but I feel like getting to the point of letting your personality radiating more than your looks is a process. It'd be hard to just suddenly decide and then change. It doesn't work that way. Anyways, but that's my goal in...life. ha. I want my personality to radiate more than my looks. I want to be able to walk into a room and not have people comment on what a cute outfit I'm wearing, but how happy I am or how friendly I am.

Funny how those bloggers I was talking about are fashion bloggers, but really if you think about it, it's not about the fashion at all. :)

An Outfit A Day...
Cardigan? F21
Shirt-dress? Ross
Button-up? TJ Maxx
Capris? Mervyns (??? I got them so long ago I can't remember!)
Shoes? Forever Young
Awesome super cute coral bag? TJ Maxx :)

...Keeps the Fashion Police Away
Comfort? 10
Original? 7
Did I like it? 7.5
Overall? 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...