2.11.2013

Post Fashion Show Thoughts

The show was amazing. Oh my goodness. Right now I'm kind of on this rush of inspiration and happiness that I hope never goes away.

It was all so fun and so exciting. There were twelve collections there, thirteen designers, over 80 models, and about 1500 people combined from both audiences. It was awesome to see everyone else's collections and see how different and unique everything was. Getting ready for hair and makeup with all the models was so fun and made me feel like I was on Project Runway or at Fashion Week. Waiting backstage with my models dancing to crazy music and having girl talk was so fun. I seriously was insanely lucky with the models I got. They were all gorgeous girls, which is one of the reasons I picked them to be my models, but they have even prettier personalities. So fun. Giving them a little pep talk right before they went on about how gorgeous they were felt so exhilarating and so real. And seeing my models walk out there, in my clothes...clothes I made and designed myself, walking out there on the runway to music and lights with a whole audience there...it was surreal. Walking out there on stage at the end with all my models seeing all my friends and family in the audience cheering me on felt so good. I felt such a rush. I was so happy.

And now I know, this is what following your dream is like. It's just the beginning, and while in the whole scheme of things it's not a very big deal, it's the start and that feels so huge to me.

I feel so inspired, and already I can't wait to start designing more. I want to do fashion shows all the time and I want to follow my dream, because nothing has ever made me happier than this. Before Saturday, I would always say that the best day of my life was my first Carrie Underwood concert. After Saturday, I will always say that the best day of my life was my first fashion show. I am so happy and I can't believe that it's over already. It went by so fast and so wonderfully that I almost wish I could do the whole thing over again. Everytime I think about, I about start crying because I am so happy from it all.  Thankfully, we have another show at a mall this next Saturday, so I still have a little more to look forward to.

Let me just say this: follow your dream and do what makes you happy. We hear that from people all the time, right? And we hear it because it's totally and completely true. I'll second that statement 100%. I have never been happier and have never felt more successful, and all I've done so far was a school fashion show! Whatever it is you want to do, go for it, no matter what. Seriously, it's the best. :)

Thanks to everyone who came and supported me...I love you guys and appreciate you so so much! You literally have no idea how grateful I am to you. I am a lucky and a happy girl.
Me with my models...haha definitely one of my favorite pictures from the night :)

[Pictures to come soon! I just had to write all my thoughts down while I felt this happiness. :)]

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post! Great job Kailee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went Saturday night. I loved it! The show was so great. Your stuff was really cute too. I love the black and white dress and those red shorts you designed. It's so cool that you get to do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was great! sorry I couldn't come talk to you afterwards! but they were all amazing!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...