1.09.2012

(Marriage) Stuff

There are two types of girls out there...one group wants to get married, and the other group is lying. I heard that quote a while ago and just smile to think how true it is.

Recently, I've become obsessed with the show Friends. I'm sure you've heard of it--the main characters are Rachel, Ross, Monica, Phoebe, Chandler, and Joey. Well today I just finished the episode where Chandler proposes to Monica after they've been dating for a long time. Their relationship was by no means perfect. They had a bunch of fights and they have so many differences that they have to work out. But the point is that they do work it out. That's what relationships are, that's what love it. It's not perfect, but it's a progression to a better both of you. And it's happy. It's not supposed to be a game or something that hurts us all the time.

Anyways, when Chandler was proposing to Monica, it made me cry, because I'm a girl, and because it was so cute. This is what he said (watch here):

"I thought it mattered what I said and where I said it. Then I realized that the only thing that matters is that you...you make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way."

Lately, or maybe for just my whole life, I have really bad luck with boys. I find another one I like, make the mistake of getting my hopes up, and then get my heart broken again. Time and time again. Watching that though, let me realize that what I go through with these boys is not love. When it is love, when it's the right guy at the right time, it's going to work out. It's not going to be perfect and we're going to have a lot of differences and probably fight a lot. But that guy will also treat me like a princess and treat me the way I deserve to be treated.

All I have to say is that I cannot wait when that guy I love so much, kneels down and shows me a ring. I'll probably cry and I'll probably say yes. And at that moment, I'll realize and be so entirely grateful that it didn't work out with anyone else. :)
Pinned Image
via

(Until then? Well I'll probably keep getting my heart broken and I'll keep trying to be the best me I can be. And keeping a lookout for the right one of course! ...jk ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...