6.06.2011

A Fabulous and Happy Weekend

I had such a wonderful weekend! Seriously friends, it was pretty great. Friday I went to the Mindy Gledhill and Meaghan Smith concert which was sooo good! I already loved Mindy Gledhill before, but now I love her even more! And Meaghan Smith? Holy canoli. She is dang good. And super amazing. She won a Juno award in Canada which is like the same as an Emmy here. I really loved her and hope to go to one of her concerts again soon!

Saturday I worked from 7 am to 3! And that might sound awful, but it totally wasn't at all. All the bookstore employees (and there's a lot of us) were required to work on Saturday for the Utah Festival of  Books, because we were hosting it for the first time. I went early to help with displays and set up and then I did face painting the rest of the time, which was also pretty fun. I just love festivals SO MUCH. Don't ask me why, maybe it's all the people, or the happiness of it, or just how everyone is having fun, but I love them. Anyways though, after I got off at 3 my family was there so I hung out with them which was just great. The festival was so huge and so fun, and I think it's going to become an annual thing, so already I can't wait for next year! Oh ya and David Archuleta came and I got a picture of him. hehe
he's so cute :)
Saturday night I was exhausted and took a 3 hour nap that was only supposed to be an hour long (whoops, guess I was tired?) and then went and saw the Adjustment Bureau with some friends in my ward. I've seen it before but it's a pretty good movie and honestly I just love the love story in it. I'm such a girl. ;)

Yesterday was like the best Sunday ever! Church was really great, although that morning I was feeling kind of sick from allergies and stuff so I took a nap when I got home. I woke up from my nap two hours later and went to a Relief Society ice cream social. Then we came home and both my roommates fell asleep so I made some funeral potatoes and platanos (fried plantaines--a Guatemalan food that's sooo yummy) for us to eat for dinner. Then we stalked people on facebook and watched youtube videos and then went to ward prayer. After ward prayer we went to another ice cream party and then came back and watched Despicable Me with homemade popcorn that I made. And all day I was in such a good mood. I was just really happy and outgoing and kind of crazy but it was funny. It was seriously one of the happiest days ever. Yay!

And now it's Monday. Kind of a downer, but I'll make the best of it. We have FHE tonight which will be fun because they're providing dinner. Sweet.

Also, shoutout to my brother Cee Ryle! His birthday is today and he's turning 12! So cool! I just want to say that I love him sooooooo much--more than he knows--and he is my favorite brother in the whole wide world (okay..he's my only brother haha). I hope he has a wonderful birthday..and lucky him, his last day of school was on Friday so his first day of summer is also his birthday! Love you Buddy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...