6.16.2011

Happy Being Me

So yesterday was like one of the best days of my life. Or it was at least just a really good day.

Guys, I'm just so happy right now. Happy with myself. Happy with life. It feels wonderful! {No, there is no boy that is the cause of this}

Its funny looking back on all the posts of this blog. I started this blog back in August, and we have both come a long way since then.

Back then, this blog had 1 follower {me}, the header was different, the pictures were smaller and less well done, and the outfits were okay. I was spending my time making cute little fabric flowers.

Now this blog has 118 followers, I love my header, I take better pictures, and the outfits are better. I spend so much of my time sewing and refashioning. I have refashioned so many things and yesterday I wore a dress that I made and designed all by myself, not even with a pattern. And I loved it. And so did everyone else. I got a billion gajillion compliments on it, and they really made me feel good because they were complimenting my talent. I felt so confident wearing that dress and showing the world what I can do and what I love. I love fashion soooooo much!

I've also changed a lot. Fall semester was an incredibly hard and sad semester for me. I lost my best friend which really left me with no friends. I was lonely. I look back on those posts and read what I wrote and see the pictures and I'm just filled with a feeling a sadness, because that's how I was feeling during the time. But honestly, thank goodness for this blog, because it was probably the thing that saved me during that semester because it was one of the only happy things in my life.

But I've grown a lot. I'm really happy now. I feel like I have so many close friends who I love and adore and could call my best friends. I know what I love and I do what I love. I'm just happy. And when I look at the posts that I've written from the past few weeks and months, that's the feeling that fills me...happiness.

{Oh did you want to see the dress? :) Hehe... Well you're just going to have to wait until I post about it in the next few days. I didn't have time to take pictures of it because I had to do stuff after work and then I came home--like with my family--and it was already dark. And this dress deserves some wonderful pictures because it's a wonderful dress. Expect pictures in the next couple of days.}

P.S. Enter my contest! It's gonna be fun and it's so easy to enter! {Forever 21 gift card if you win :)}

An Outfit A Day...
Cardigan? Thrifted
Button Up? Kohls
Belt? Thrifted
Jeans? Ross
Shoes? Forever Young

...Keeps the Fashion Police Away
Comfort? 7
Original? 6
Did I like it? 6
Overall? 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...