5.11.2013

Cutting Fashion Look #6: LBD (Little Black Dress)

Every girl needs a little black dress as part of her wardrobe, am I right? So of course I had to include one in my own collection. I made this black dress exactly how I'd want a black dress to be for me. This was probably the look that I was most excited to wear after the show was over, and I've definitely already worn it quite a few times. This week I wore it to work and got a ton of compliments on it, which made me feel good. It feels great when people tell you that you look cute, but when people say that the dress you're wearing (that you made!) is cute and even ask where you got it, well...that's really something to make you smile.

I was lucky enough to have my sister model for me in the show so I had her wear this dress! Personally I think she looked killer in it, no? I probably would have given her the dress had I not wanted it so much for myself haha.

I found this fabric at Walmart actually, and fell in love with it (never mind the price tag that said $2/yard...). The front is cute, but the back is definitely the fun part of it all. I included an exposed zipper just like I did with my other garments in the collection and the top half of the back was made up of a pretty silky jacquard fabric. Also, the dress is more fitted than the photoshoot pictures show--I took it in a little more after the shoot.

Sketch (the actual dress turned out very different from my original sketch. Most of the other garments stayed pretty similar from the sketch to the construction):

In person:

On the runway:

Tell me what you think!! :)

By the way, thanks so much for all the comments on my last cutting fashion post about my black and white dress! I was really surprised but really happy about all the great feedback I got about it. Thank you! I love getting nice comments, they are the best. :)

7 comments:

  1. I would totally totally buy that. Definitely my favorite thing that you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swingy shape and the detail on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from PS. That dress is amazing. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! The fit in the front is great but the back steals the show for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love this dress! The fabric choice is so right on!!!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...