5.10.2013

A Carnival Themed Party!

Throwing parties is one of those things that keeps me alive, as ridiculous as that may sound. I love the planning and the preparation. I love the stress the day of the party, and the relief when people come, and the happiness I get from people around me being happy.

Never did I ever think I'd end up being a party planner type of girl. In high school I was insecure and scared. I wasn't some girl who could throw a party where people would have fun and actually show up. Never. I guess now that I'm in college--almost done with college, crazily enough--I've found this confidence in myself that I didn't know I had. It comes from a lot of good friends who I'm totally myself around and who I have fun with. It comes from amazing roommates who are my best friends and my soul sisters. I thank God every single day for them in my prayers because I'm so lucky to have people like them in my life. And it comes from the fact that I really do like myself right now, and to an extent, I don't care what people think of me. Especially not as much as I did in high school.

I've realized that doing what makes me happy is the best feeling in the world, so I try not to stop myself from doing those things.

This party was a fun one. I loved planning it, down to the details of the food, games, and decorations. I had a difficult time finding any carnival-themed printables on pinterest, so I made my own using Picmonkey, and they turned out fabulous. I set up a photobooth, complete with props like hipster glasses, speech bubbles, and mustaches (as much as I am tired of the mustache trend, they make for excellent and hilarious photo booth props). People that I knew and didn't know came and went. We had loud music going with some people dancing the whole night, some of us talking and then dancing, and others just enjoying being there socializing by the fire pit, the games, the photobooth, or the concessions. I wish I had taken more pictures of them, but we had carnival games lining the wall, like a ring toss (water bottles and bracelets), a clothespin drop (trying to drop a clothespin into a thin vase), and a fortune teller (magic 8 balls). If I hadn't been hosting the party, I definitely would have done face painting too. It was a delightful night and everyone who came had a good time.

See, that's the thing about parties, is that they make other people happy. And making other people happy makes me happy. Therefore, throwing parties make me exceptionally happy. See for yourself, and next time I throw one and you're in Provo, you should definitely come. :)

*If you want any copies of the printables, feel free to email me and I will send them to you!

**And if you want to read about any of the other parties I've thrown, the links are below:

1 comment:

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...