8.01.2012

To Boston

I guess right now I could be catching up on posts from July because I am stuck in an airport bored out of my mind, waiting for a bus to take me home (long story). But I don't really feel like posting any of that stuff because I think it might make me cry, and I'm already pretty close to tears.

This morning I was in Massachusetts driving down the Mass Pike for the last time, admiring all the trees and all the old buildings one last time. This morning I was in Massachusetts and now I'm not. I'm just gone.

Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to see my family and friends again and just be home in Utah. But I'm so devastated to leave Boston. I had one of the best summers ever, going to beaches, Red Sox games, traveling all over the east coast, and of course interning at Anthropologie. I feel like it really became my home for the past three months...I got to know the area and the people. I lived and loved there.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say here, just that I'm going to miss it so much. I'll miss going to Anthropologie on Mondays and Tuesdays, working on projects with the other employees and interns and learning so much while doing it all. I will miss all the trees everywhere and I'll miss all the random lakes and ponds and beaches and coasts all over the place. I'll miss the singles ward and the family ward that I went to that were both so welcoming and immediately friendly. I'll miss the patriotism and the history. I'll really miss my "summer family"--Derick, Cat, Bri, and Elle. I loved having late night talks and laughs with Brianna and giggling about all our crazy inside jokes and every weird thing that happened to us. I loved Ellie's spunky personality and always being able to have fun with her. I loved late night movies and random tourist trips to show me around the area. I loved it all sooooo much. And that is why I will miss it. Sooooo much.

So to Boston and all the people I met there, I love you. Thanks for an amazing summer and a really happy summer. I learned and experienced so much and I will never forget it all. Hopefully I will be back soon (very soon!) and be able to experience it all over again. So for now....goodbye. I will miss you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...