7.20.2012

Life Update

Crazy as it is...my Boston summer will soon be coming to a close. I go home in like two and a half weeks, which is seriously insane to think about. It's all gone by soooo fast and it's been so fun! I've definitely made a home here, and I'm going to be very very sad to leave it.

The internship at Anthro has been amazing and continues to be so. I seriously love them as a company and everyone that works there. We've been working on merchandising, window displays, and fall concepts, so it's been a really awesome learning experience! Here's the window display we've been working on....
We cut and dyed egg cartons to make 4000 flowers for this display. I love the "secret garden" feel of it. So beautiful.

I've also been working at Forever 21 to make some extra $$$ and it's been a lot of fun! I feel like I've been learning so much there too. I'm a sales associate, so mostly I just make sure everything looks nice, put stuff  back, and help customers, but I always feel so inspired to be around all of the clothes. They have so many different styles and so much of the apparel is really cute. One thing I like about Forever 21 is that they manage to make super cute clothing but sell it for a really affordable price. Fashionable on a budget :) But yeah, Forever has been really fun. I'm so glad I got hired and had a chance to work there this summer.

I'm sewing a dress this week! And you don't even know how excited I am to do it! I'm a bridesmaid for one of my best friend's weddings and we just have to pick our own dress, so I decided to make mine, because I couldn't really find one that I loved or that matched the colors very well. Tonight we went shopping for fabric and totally scored! We went to Joann's and I bought fabric, elastic, buttons, and thread all for...$11.50! The cashier was really nice and she gave me the college student discount and then used coupons that made all of my items 50% off. An original dress for $11?? I'll take it! Don't worry, I'll post pictures as soon as it's finished. It's gonna be super cute! Also..there's a yellow dress I made back in April that I don't think I ever posted, so when I get a chance I'll do an outfit post for it.

One last thing...next week I'm going to NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (most of the time, this would be an overuse of exclamation points, but considering my excitement and the amazing-ness of this, I would say the exclamation points are just right). I cannot wait! I will be posting so many pictures when it happens!

Anyhow, I'm probably going to go to bed soon, maybe watch an episode of Ugly Betty on Netflix (speaking of tv....Project Runway season 10 just started! So psyched!), or maybe read (currently reading: The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen). We'll see.
Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...