8.31.2012

Fashion Friday

vest: thrifted, dress: made by me!, shoes: Marshalls, bracelet: Bahamas
I bet some of you are just dying for an outfit post, huh? I know, I know, you all are just so obsessed with my life that not knowing what I wear every day is killing you. So sorry (especially if you really do feel this way haha). Well for none all of you wanting outfit posts, I'm gonna try and do them every Friday. It's not that I don't dress cute, I do! (at least I think I do) But I just haven't been taking pictures. And honestly, I really think that's okay. Outfit pictures are fun to take every once in a while though :)

I don't know if I've ever actually featured this dress on my blog before, but it was made by me (back in April)! The top came from a man's shirt and then I made the rest myself. It has a zipper in the back, the pictures just don't show it. You can tell the bottom isn't ironed very well, but I promise I spent forever on those pleats! This is probably one of my favorite dresses. It's a really cute color and I think it can be worn pretty casually or dressy. It also fits me very nicely as well.

At this point in my life, I've decided that what I really want to do "when I grow up" is fashion design, so I'm focusing on that a little more seriously this semester by practicing my illustrating skills. I'm also taking textiles, which means I'll know about every fabric out there, and patternmaking, which means that instead of just freehanding all of my designs and clothes that I make, I can do patterns for them and make them for other people as well! I'm super excited. Someday I would really like to sell my clothes so I'm trying to learn as much as I can about all of this!

But I just want to ask you, would you buy the dress above? And also, what kind of things do you look for in clothes you buy? I would absolutely love your honest opinions!

(linking up at Modern Modest Beauty!)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I want that dress!!!

    http://polkadotsandpencilskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made that dress! It's wonderful and I love the color & the pleats! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed that you made that dress! It looks amazing and I love the color...I really need to learn how to sew. I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style linky party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the dress! Can you make me one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh darn.. I commented on this post a few days ago and it didn't save.

    but basically 1. you are so talented! 2. I love the color of that dress on you! although on me... it wouldn't look good. haha. and 3. I look for clothes that can be versatile and... lets be honest... comfy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! I love this dress! And that jacket is so cute! Love your blog too! Stopping by from Sunday Style!! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit! I love the dress and how your paired it with a denim vest!

    sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute look! i love that dress and you made it! :)

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...