5.21.2011

Receptions, Refashions, and Red...Oh My!

You guys are pretty lucky I love you so much, because I almost just posted an old outfit today, but then I remembered that I promised to show you this dress so I went downstairs and took pictures really fast. :)

Do you like the dress? Here's the before picture...
I cut out the buttons and sewed down the front, shortened the sleeves, hemmed it, sewed in an elastic around the waist, added a zipper in the back, and then added a sash with some extra red fabric that I had. Funny story: At first with the red sash I sewed it onto the dress, but then I realized after sewing it all on that I couldn't get the dress on! Because the sash was woven fabric, not knit (knit fabric is stretchy) and so obviously it wouldn't fit going on either way. So then I unpicked the whole sash and just made a new one separate from the dress so I didn't have that problem. Silly me.

I went to a reception last night which was great! It was for my friend Brittany, who was my next door neighbor last year in the dorms. Tonight I'm going to another friend's reception and I also am going to another one next weekend! Goodness gracious. One thing you have to realize about living in Utah, and especially in Provo, is that when you become college aged, especially starting your sophomore year, millions (okay, that's exaggerating obviously) of people start get married. And one someone gets married it basically means they've died from your life because if you don't work with them or have a class with them, you'll never see them because they are always with their spouse. True (and kind of sad) story.

Kind of going along with yesterday's post, I realized today that I'm sooo sooo happy doing what I'm doing right now. Really, I don't think I'd trade it for anything. I love that I have been sewing every day. And I love that I have this blog. And I love that I work with the women's clothing in the bookstore and get to make sweet displays and change mannequins all the time.
This is one of my recent displays at work. I love it! Notice the color scheme? :)
I guess what's really great about all of this too is that I'm pretty good at what I'm doing AND I love it. With dance, I really loved it, but I wasn't super great at it (and though I've stopped dancing you can see from the above picture that I obviously haven't stopped haha...I was having fun. ;)) And with something like math, I was really good at it, but I didn't love it (I don't hate math, I just don't want to spend the rest of my life doing it). The key is finding something you're good at and that you love. And everyone has something like that! That's why when you go to college, everyone picks a major. And we all get to pick what we want and you have to be good at it if you want to succeed. Honestly, its kind of a cool concept.

Anyways, this was supposed to be a short post because I'm feeling tired, but longer posts are good too. I get to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 now! Hi-yah! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...