5.16.2011

THE Dress

About time I blogged, huh? Haha sorry about that..I took a [nother] break, which was needed I think. But let's not dwell on the past, shall we?

So do you love this dress? Because I do! I think it might be my new favorite. And the best part? I made it from a dress I got at DI. I saw this Kate Spade dress in Lucky magazine...
...and immediately wanted it! Unfortunately, I don't have--nor want to spend--$355 for a dress. So I made my own...for $6! :) I've had this floral dress...
(The only difference is that I already hemmed the dress a little and then remembered to take a  "before" picture!)
...for a while and was only going to hem it and then just belt it, but after seeing that Kate Spade dress, I had bigger and better things planned! So I hemmed the dress, took the excess fabric from the bottom and made it into a bow. Then I put the dress on me and pinched a little bit of fabric from each side and pulled it over and then sewed it (sorry I should have taken pictures because this probably doesn't make a ton of sense). And then I hand-sewed the bow on.

I think it turned out super cute and I'm sooo excited to have it! I'll probably be wearing this dress a lot for...oh, idk, MY LIFE. That's how much I love it. :) And now it's inspired me to be more creative when I refashion dresses rather than just hemming them and belting them (although that's cute too ha).

Tell me what you think! Do you like it? Hate it (I hope not, please don't be mean!)? Does it look like the KS dress or not at all?

Do you like to refashion clothes? Link me to your posts/blog if you do! I love seeing what other people do and seeing their ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...