8.06.2010

On Friendship

I love my friends. My best friends. They are what get me through life. If any of my best friends are reading this, you know who you are. These are the friends that I can share anything and everything with. We talk like there's no tomorrow and laugh for hours on end. And of course, we fight too. All friends do. And I hate it. But to get the sunshine, you have to deal with the rain, and I've had plenty of rain and sunshine in all my close friendships. But every time I fight with one of my best friends, I wonder if it's really worth it to be their friend. Or if they're really a true friend, because (supposedly) if they were, they wouldn't have let you down.

But life is not a movie and people will always let you down. Always. Why? Because we are all human and we make mistakes. I know I have let my best friends down countless of times as well. So if we were to give up every friend that let us down, we'd have none. Someone once told me, "People are always going to let you down, but it's up to you to decide which ones are worth forgiving." I hope I never forget that. I never want to lose an amazing friend because I was too stubborn to forgive. And I hope that when I let my best friends down, they will be able to forgive me. I found this poem online and I love it so I thought I'd share:

Best Friends
by Melissa Magstaff

Best friends
The title we chose
But what does it mean to be "best friends"?
You should see each other every day?
Well that's not true for you and me
Should silly little fights get in our way?
Only if that's how it's meant to be
Should we give?
Should we borrow?
Should we dance like there's no tomorrow?
Secrets are traded
Privacy invaded
Hugs and smiles are shared
Tears are shed
Love is spread
We know that we both really cared
I smile, you smile
You cry, I cry
I wish, you wish
You die, I die
If you fall
I'll help you up
And if you call
I'll always pick up
Best Friends Forever
The promise we made
And I know in my heart
That it will never fade.

I hope that all my best friends out there know how much I love and care about them. I'm grateful for my friends every single day and they mean the world to me.

"If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."

1 comment:

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...