9.11.2012

9/11

It's always a somber day on 9/11. It's day that will always make us shudder and a day that will always feel close to us. It's a day we can never forget.

I remember getting ready to leave for school, and as we were watching Arthur tv, some breaking news came up, showing us the plane crashing through one of the twin towers. I had to leave for school but I kept watching and I remember the shock and horrifying way my stomach dropped when we were all even more surprised about the second plane crashing into the other tower. I was numb, and I couldn't think of anything else as I watched the towers collapse into themselves. It was all anyone at school could talk about. I was only nine years old, but I understood so well, and I was hurt by what had just happened to our country.

Just a month before we were lucky enough to be in New York City and get a photo of us with the towers before the whole thing happened. I can't think of how many times I am so happy we weren't there a month later.
no, I was not a pregnant looking child, just a girl whole liked to do strange poses wherever she went.
I was lucky again to go to New York City this year in July, where we went to the new 9/11 memorial. While I will never be the same from the effect of these attacks, and while I will always have the hurt that is surrounded with it, I am grateful for them I'm grateful for the way it taught us to not take our country for granted, and I'm grateful for the way it unified our country in a way that nothing else could do. I'm grateful that it was something so large that we always will remember.

Let us always remember, and always stay united by hope.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful post. Thank you for spreading the message of remembrance. And that older picture of you is just precious. Fake baby bump and all ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...