12.09.2011

Pinterest Friday: Nutella No-Bake Cookies

I believe there are two types of people in this world: those who use pinterest and those who don't. And then, you can divide the people who use pinterest into two more groups: those who apply pinterest to their lives and those who use it as a hobby. I think a lot of us fall into the "hobby" category of this, but every once in a while, I try doing something cool and actually do something on one of my boards. Well yesterday, I used this pin to make these delicious cookies.

Mmm! They turned out SO darn good! They look exactly like regular no-bake cookies but they are so much better because of the nutella! It's not like an overpowering flavor of nutella, but it's enough to make you know its there and say, "Wow."


We're having a work Christmas party today so I needed something to bring and share. I wanted to make something incredible, but with finals and everything it just wasn't going to happen. But I luckily found this recipe on my pinterest board and realized I already had all the ingredients! Of course I'm pretty much out of all the ingredients I used for this now...but that doesn't matter, right? At least I have some delicious cookies :)


So here's the recipe I used as follows:


No-Bake Nutella Peanut Butter CookiesYields approximately 2 dozen cookies (recipe can be doubled for a crowd)
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanut or hazelnut butter
3/4 cup Nutella hazelnut spread (or 1 cup chocolate chips)
2 cups rolled oats
In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over medium to medium-low heat. Add the sugar, milk, and cocoa powder and mix until combined. Stir in the peanut butter and Nutella until melted, followed by the oats. Continue mixing until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Reduce heat to lowest setting.
Working quickly, use a spring-form ice cream scoop to shape balls of dough and place them on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Refrigerate for thirty minutes until firm. Store in an airtight container.

(Sidenote: I doubled my recipe, didn't use the hazelnut liqueur from the original, and I didn't have to refridgerate mine--they harden pretty fast once you remove them from the heat)
first bite out of the cookie...yummy!
So all I have to say about these is that...you should make them! They probably won't change your life, but I don't think they're really gonna hinder it at either. They'll just make an okay day that much better. I like that they are easy to make and they also use ingredients that most people already have lying around. So what are you sitting around reading this?! Go make some cookies!

P.S. Can I just have a here-here! for the fact that my little kodak easy share took these sweet pictures? Here-here!! (thanks :))

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...