12.14.2011

It's that Time...


It's finals week..AH! It's all everyone can talk, facebook, and blog about. And since that's so...I don't really want to write about that. I just want to say how grateful I am for my life. It's really an amazing one. I'm in a place that I never thought I'd be at and I'm friends with people that I never could have planned on being friends with. My life is so wonderful and I'm really happy. There are some hard times, but I wouldn't trade those for anything, because they bring me the good.

And besides it being finals time, it's also the Christmas season. Yesterday I had a great chance to volunteer with one of my friends at Barnes & Noble to provide free gift-wrap and collect donations for charity. And then I watched the Glee Christmas show later and basically, it just really reminded me that Christmas is all about serving others. It's not about getting gifts and it's not even really about giving all the best gifts either. It is about giving, but it's about giving love and spreading joy. My goal this Christmas season is to serve someone who I wouldn't have normally served and someone who really needs it. It's not much, but it's something. I wanna challenge you to do it with me too! Find someone to help or someone to love. And if you do it, please email me your stories, I'd love to hear about it and maybe even share them on here. Also more than that, I want to give back and I want to serve all year round, because it's not like homeless people are only around on Christmas or people in third world countries only starve on Christmas. It happens all year round, and I hope to be able to help in some way for that.

Happy finals week, and merry Christmas in 12 days! Remember why we celebrate Christmas and remember how we should be celebrating it. That's the stuff that really matters :) This song they sang in Glee warms my heart and made me get all choked up while watching it...hope you like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...