10.23.2013

[California Trip] Day 3: Knott's Berry Farm and the Santa Monica Pier

Yes, it is almost 6 months later, but I am still blogging about it, because I already blogged about day 1 and day 2, and it would feel wrong not to write about the rest of the trip, because it was such a good one.

Day 3, we woke up feeling surprisingly refreshed considering we had slept on the ground with no tent or sleeping pads to help us out. We showered at the camp showers and head to Knott's Berry Farm! None of us had ever been and decided it might be a fun (and cheaper) change from Disneyland (although Disneyland will always be my favorite). We rode lots of roller coasters, though I'm not a big fan of the huge coasters, so the other three went on them while I opted to watch stuff and take videos of them while they went on, which was totally okay with me. Roller coasters really scare me sometimes.

After Knott's, we headed to the Santa Monica pier. It was super picturesque and I think all of us agreed that it was our favorite night. We all bought bracelets from a street vendor and then just sat on the pier together as best friends. We watched the waves on the beach and listening to the gorgeous music as a man played and sang, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" on his guitar. I didn't get many pictures because both my camera and phone were dying, but I'll never forget it.

Now, these girls aren't my roommates anymore because life happened and some graduated and moved to the east coast and got real jobs, and I'll always hold that night and the peace it brought us close to my heart. It bonded us in a way, I think.

If you want to see the video version of day 3, it starts at 9:00 for Knott's and at 11:13 for the pier (you should watch the pier part, to get a feel of the night).

1 comment:

  1. Man you sure do travel. Very cool stuff. I like the palm tree pics in your precious post and the sunset one and the sandals in this post. Seems like you had a blast!

    birdsinberlin.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...