4.18.2010

It's Almost Over?!

Today was my last day in church in Freshman ward. How weird...this means that Freshman year is actually like..over? :( :? :) I don't know how I feel about this..

I'm excited to go home so I can be with my family that I haven't really been able to spend quality time with since I came to college. I'm excited to see old friends and be able to play. I'm excited for the joys of summer like flip flops, swimming, and vacations. I'm excited to have no school and get rid of those stresses. I'm so excited to be home.

I'm sad to leave behind all the fun memories I've had this year. I'm sad to leave behind my roommates, some of the most amazing girls that I've gotten to know. I'm sad to not have school, because in reality, I'm a nerd and I love it. I'm sad to lose all the freedom I've had and have to go back to rules and chores. I'm sad to say goodbye to BYU, the place where I've wanted to go to school my whole life, for 4 months.

It's crazy to think how fast it all went by. I still remember the first day I came here, crying as I left my home and parents and everything I was comfortable with. And here I am and I'll probably be crying as I leave Provo, because now everything I'm comfortable with is here. All I know is that there are going to be so many things coming my way and I really have no idea what they'll be. All I can do is have faith. Faith in my Heavenly Father that he'll lead me in the right direction. Faith in life that it will treat me ok. And faith in me that I'll do what's best for me and what I'm supposed to do. I have learned so much this year and I will never forget any of it. And there are so many wonderful people in my life that I will never want to leave behind. My life has definitely been changed for good.

Wow, I think I'm definitely a lucky one. :)

3 comments:

  1. ahh, you almost made me cry with this post. I can totally understand your mixed feelings about being home and being with friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um this freaked me out a little. I just wrote the same things in my journal....excited to go home, but not at the expense of my independence. I'm sad to leave my roomates. And I already have cried! Its comforting to know I'm not alone. If I can make it through finals we should play and such:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry, that has interfered... This situation is familiar To me. I invite to discussion. Write here or in PM.

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...