6.29.2008

Ballet Recital 2008- Earth and Beyond!

Last week, we had our annual ballet recital. The theme this year was Earth and Beyond. My class's dance was Asteroids. We had purple costumes with a short skirt and some sparkly waist and arm bands. It was lots of fun though! We had a super long dance--over 6 minutes, and my teacher was great. Her name is Liz and she is leaving next year to get her Master's Degree in New York! She was an amazing teacher and taught me lots! Here's some fun pics! In the ones where we are doing our dance, I have a ribbon in my hair and a black leotard on. They only had some people wear costumes for rehearsal to test the lighting.

Above is me and my sisters with my aunt, Zildy. I was so happy she came this year, because she has tried to come for a lot of years, but something always comes up, so it was good she came (or I would have been REALLY angry! jk). By the way, I don't have my costume on, because if you dance on pointe, you don't get to keep it.

I can't wait for ballet to start again in August. After the recital, ballet ends for the summer. I always miss it so much! Sadly, this will be my last year to dance at Clytie Adams, because I'm graduating next year. I will miss it so much when it ends!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I got to be there too!! Especially because, btw, I won't be able to be at the nutcracker this year because I will be having a baby. It was soooo cool to see all that you guys have learned all of these years in Ballet. What an amazing talent you have!

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...