2.01.2015

Alex and Courtney's Proposal Video

So my cousin Alex is almost exactly a year younger me and seriously one of my best friends. We were always really close when we were younger and then his family moved to Boston (the aunt and uncle I stayed with while I was there are his parents!) and we didn't get to see each other as much. But after he got back from his mission he moved to Provo so it's been way fun to reconnect and hang out more!

I was so excited when Alex told me he was proposing to his girlfriend Courtney (who I'm also pretty good friends with because I got to know her well while I was out in Boston) and let me film it all!

I seriously love Alex and Courtney SO much and couldn't be more excited for their engagement! They've dated on and off since they were in high school, so its kind of already felt like Courtney's been part of the family. It'll be great for it to finally be official in May. :)

Here's the proposal story if you wanna hear it:
Alex and Courtney had gone ring shopping and were going to get the ring custom designed, but it wouldn't be in for about 5 weeks, so Courtney didn't think the proposal would be happening for a while. But Alex decided to get another ring from a local shop so that he could surprise her in proposing and get the ring sooner. Alex wanted Courtney to be completely surprised for the proposal, so he told her they were going up the canyon because one of his roommates had a big surprise for his fiance, and that I was there because I was going to film the whole thing (which I did..haha!). So we got up to the place where the fire was at and no one was there (as was the plan) and Courtney was super confused because she thought people should have been there. Then, as her back was turned, Alex's friends started walking up holding black posterboards in front of them that said "Marry Me" in glowsticks. As soon as she saw it, he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. And she of course said yes! It was all really cute and she had absolutely NO idea so it was perfect.

Anyway, if that was all too long for you to read, the video is below, as well as some pictures that were taken by Alex's roommate Jae. I've never actually been a part of a proposal but it was so fun and I'm already excited for their wedding in May (which means I'm going to Boston!).


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...