| Blouse: Gap; Skirt: Target; Shoes: TJ Maxx |
I wore this a while ago at home (parent's house) during Labor Day weekend I believe. That was the last time I went home and I'm going back this weekend! Yippee, I cannot wait. :) I'll be watching conference and also celebrating my birthday with my fam. Because guess what else: it's my birthday next week! I'm gonna be 20 years old in a week and it's freakin me out a little. To be honest, I'm a little scared for my birthday to come and here's why:
- I don't want to have a sad birthday where no one remembers and it's just lame.
- I'm not 20, nor do I want to be 20! I feel 19. I am 19. I will stay 19. I am NOT 20. My mom got married when she was 20 and I thought she was old. And now I will be 20. So as long as my birthday doesn't come I won't turn 20. (Too many 20s at one time, sorry, I will try to not burden you with that terrible number)
- Once a birthday comes, it's over so fast and then you have to wait again until the next year. :( I like looking forward to it and looking forward to a happy day. And it's fun when it's here (unless it's not--see #1) but then it's gone and life is normal again.
But some good things about birthdays?
- Well...I will be 20, which means people might consider me an adult. Might being the key word here. And being 20 means I will finally be the same age as all of the people in my grade, which will be nice.
- Presents and cake and celebrations!
- I really do love my birthday and it's such a happy day when it comes. A day that would have been completely normal becomes magical and special and a day of your own. I love the magic of birthdays and am grateful to live in a society that celebrates them.
- My roommate (her birthday is the day after mine) and I will be throwing a Harry Potter party and it's gonna be the bomb. I mean it. :D
So..I'm torn. Either way though, it's going to come and I'll have to live with it, so I might as well be happy. :)
What's your favorite part about birthdays?
Also, thank you for the helpful comments about helping me feel better! I really appreciate them so much! I'm still a little sick (almost two weeks later!!) but am feeling almost all better. My voice just has a tiny bit of rasp to it but I can finally sing to the music in my car! I have to admit that not being able to sing at the top of my lungs was killing me. Goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment
This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!