6.19.2015

May 4, 1990

I love my parents. They've done nothing but support and love me all throughout my life. They've been to all my fashion shows, ballet recitals, and plays. They've stuck with me through the bad and cried with me when I've cried. They're my best friends and I got so lucky to have them as my parents.

25 years ago, on May 4, 1990, my parents were married and started our cute little family. They decided to celebrate their 25th anniversary by going to Italy, and had a fabulous time. They even brought me home a beautiful leather purse from Florence and playing cards from Rome, so who could complain? :)

I absolutely love giving gifts, so I really wanted to give them something special for their anniversary, to show how much I appreciate them. So I scanned in their wedding photos and made them a cute wedding book. Someone had also filmed about three hours of footage from their wedding, which was great, but way too long or boring for anyone to ever sit down and watch. My mom had talked to me about this before, so I took the three hours of old footage down to 10 minutes and made them a wedding video! (honestly, this plan had been in the works for over a year, and I had planned to give it to them before their 25th, but time got in the way--or worked out perfectly--so it ended up getting finished a lot later than I had planned). Below are a few of the pages from the book.

School was crazy so I didn't get it all done by their anniversary, but I gave it to them last week, about a month later. I made the book on shutterfly (I found a groupon online so it was a ton cheaper) and then put the dvd at the end of the book for them to be surprised and get to watch it. Here's the video if you want to see! Obviously the footage is super old, but it was so fun to put it together. In a weird way, I kind of feel like I was at the wedding, after getting to see so much of it in pictures and video.


The ultimate surprise though, was the video I made for the end of the wedding video, comprising 25 years of our family's home videos. I have probably watched it over 20 times and it makes me happy every time I watch it. My parents absolutely LOVED it and my mom was crying by the end of the video. (this one is worth watching if you have three minutes to spare, it's so fun)


It was a lot of work to put it all together, but worth every minute. My family is the best, and it is the best because of those two hardworking people. I love them! Happy 25th anniversary Mama Llama and Daddio :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...