3.04.2014

One Year Ago Today..

One year ago today..I published this post (which over the past few days, suddenly skyrocketed in views. Totally weird, but cool at the same time). It scared me. It was a day I will never forget.

Vulnerability has always scared me. It scares everyone, but I feel like it especially scares me, sometimes worse than things like spiders and heights do. It's not an easy thing to do, but it's possibly one of the scariest and yet most exhilarating things a person can do.

Its such a risk, but nothing is better than getting a real hug from a friend after you've told them something hard, or being able to hear them say, "Wow, that was hard. I know what that feels like," and hearing them share their story with you. It's hard not to love someone so much when they trust you with the deepest parts of themselves and let you into their hearts.
We all wear masks. All of us. They are all different masks, but the trick is getting yourself to take your mask off to show other people, that underneath the masks, we're all human beings. We're all the same.

I'm so grateful for vulnerability in the world because it means we get to connect with people. I relate to you so much more when you tell me about your real life problems and when I tell you about mine, rather than when we talk about how each other's day went or work or school.

A year ago today, I was vulnerable. I felt terrified, crazy, emotional, and judged. And after all of that? I felt free. :)

[it's okay to be imperfect.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...