1.28.2014

Movie Making!

I've recently found a new hobby of mine in videography. It's a different way to document my life and it's fun to look back and watch them. I kind of wish I'd gotten into it earlier because there are so many things I would have loved to document this way. I'm not professional or anything but I definitely love it and would like to get better. I got a new camera in November and it takes way better videos so it's been fun to use. I figured it was probably easier to put them all in one post, since there are so many. I have a lot of stuff to update on that I might not get to, but these videos sum up the big events, and they may have to do.

At the end of June/beginning of July, I went on a vacation with my family to Moab in southern Utah. We've been on vacations to a lot of places outside of Utah but none actually in the state we live in, so it was fun to go and see all the arches and stuff.


August was a sad month because it became the end of an era for my old roommates and I. A few of us had gotten married and graduated and we were all going our separate ways and moving to different places. So to commemorate it I made a little video to our favorite theme song for ourselves. I love these girls to pieces..I will seriously never have better roommates.


I work at a daycare in the toddlers class and in December we had a little Christmas program. We practiced Jingle Bells A LOT but I knew that once the program came around and my kids were up at the front, they'd freeze and barely sing (I was right). So I filmed them a bunch over a couple of weeks and made a music video to show the parents at the program. It was way fun and the parents (and the todders--they kept wanting to watch it over and over again) loved it! Success. :)


At the beginning of December I went on a trip to NYC and Boston with my family. My aunt and uncle take their family every year since my aunt works for Jet Blue and her whole family gets to fly standby for free. So we decided to tag along this year. We had some trouble getting there, but we had a BLAST. We have relatives in Boston too so it was great to see them.


One of my old roommates and best friend (featured in the 22 video above) Olivia got back from the LDS mission she served in Brazil in December, and since all my old roommates were back in town for Christmas break (a plus of all of us being from Utah) we were able to go get her from the airport! She had a five hour layover in the Salt Lake airport before going home so we took her out to lunch and got to see her before her family! It was definitely one of the best days ever. And now I feel pretty lucky because Olivia is living in my apartment complex and I see her almost daily. Its great.


If you want to see any other videos of mine that I already put on this blog, the link to my youtube channel is here. I am working on getting a link on my sidebar and putting them all in one place for easy viewing. Let me know what you think! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cuteee!
    I love the one with you and your roommates. Super awesome video.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments and appreciate them SO much. thanks a bunch :) And please, if you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...