11.02.2013

The Horizons of Autumn


Utah is in its' golden time of year right now...literally. The orange and yellow leaves litter the ground and the sky, while the sun gives everything a perfect fall glow. The weather is chilled enough that you can wear a sweater and boots and not sweat, but still warm enough to not have to wear a coat and cover it all up. It really is a nice time, and the good thing is that when it all goes away, none of us are too sad because it means Christmas is around the corner.

I haven't done an outfit post in a while, but I was looking at old pictures the other day and thought "hey, that was fun, I should do that again." So I did, and it was fun. Sometimes it's nice to just capture days and their moments....what you were wearing, how you were feeling, what the weather was like that day. I took these pictures right before the sun set just at a fence that surrounded a field of grazing cows (and I was thinking...what exactly does grazing mean? Is it just a beautiful word for eating grass?) near the daycare I work at. I think the one thing that could have completed this outfit would have been a slouchy beanie, and I almost went to go find and buy one before I took these pictures, but then I decided that was cheating and didn't.

You know, there is something really positive and wonderful in capturing beauty. Beauty in nature, people, smiles, emotions, the things we can create and build, our capacity to do incredible things...it's all beautiful. And when we catch a glimpse of it, we have to stop and contemplate, because beauty is something that just can't be ignored.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pictures, Kailee! You are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You have a really nice blog here! I like your posts! :)

    My Fashion Jar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capturing our live is what we all try to do. Your photos are gorgeous and love the cardigan!
    Mona
    www.myhollywooddaze.com

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...