12.28.2009

New Years Resolutions

This year...my New Year's Resolution is...(drum roll please):

to not have a New Year's resolution! :)

People are constantly making goals at the beginning of the year and never keeping them. And I've always wondered why we only make goals at the start of the year. We should be making goals every day, whether it's January 1st, March 22, July 10, or October 4. My goal is to make continuous goals throughout the year instead of making a bunch right now and not keeping them. I want to be able to work on improving myself all the time and make little goals instead of big ones. Every day is a new start. If I make a mistake one day, I can try again the next. And if I make a mistake that day, I'll try again the next day. The point I'm trying to get at is that yes, we can still make New Year's resolutions, but we should have resolutions for every day. Some of my every day resolutions are going to be:

Keep my room clean
Compliment at least 5 people
Wake up on time and go to bed by 11
Get my required homework and studying done
Take out my contacts every night

Ok, well happy new year in a few days everyone! More updates on my Christmas break will come soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. It's so true but long term goals set the path for the smaller ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....every day we should strive to be a little better than the day before. (And, btw, C will be so excited that you had "July 10" in there!)

    I miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. We should live closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nay, I still want to set goals on Jan 1 and then fail miserably at keeping them. It keeps me humble.
    I guess you have posted on your blog, post some more would ya? I will miss you now college life will resume.

    ReplyDelete

This is me begging for comments because I LOVE them! Let's be friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...